Creating and designing your space can be an exciting and and sometime daunting challenge, but you might just have a little bit of help sitting right in your pocket or bag. There are some great apps on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device that can throw you a lifeline to help get started down the right path. You’ll be able to find some great ideas and visuals for your next remodeling project, find inspiring interior design, a little diy help for those smaller tasks around the house, and even get your home running more energy efficiently. Take a look at these five great apps to get your started.[divider]
If you love wikipedia but wished it was all about interior design, remodeling, and beautiful living spaces than Houzz is your dream app. Houzz has the largest database of home design ideas on the net, with over 1,000,000 high resolution photos. Browse photos by style, room and location and save them to your virtual ideabook — it’s the equivalent of clipping design magazines to a scrapbook — making ideas easier to search, save, and share. You can use your ideabooks to help show us your remodeling and design ideas so we can all get on the same page even easier with your project. [hr]
Benjamin Moore Color Capture
Benjamin Moore Color Capture – Just use this handy little app to snap a picture of a color inspiration that catches your eye and you can instantly find its match from Benjamin Moore’s more than 3,300 paint colors. [hr]
There are 5 tools in this Carpenter tool kit:
- A plumb bob, the easiest way for you to verify the verticality of lines or walls
- A surface level, the best tool to level any flat surface
- A bubble level bar, exactly as you can see in carpenter tool kit shops, and more beautiful!
- A steel protractor, measuring angles from 0 to 180 degrees.
- A steel ruler, supporting both inches and centimeters. By swiping it left and right, the ruler is capable to measure things much longer than your iPhone! [hr]
Nest Learning Thermostat
Control your home’s temperature from your iPhone or iPad with the Nest mobile app. Last minute-trip? Change the temperature from the cabin. Coming home early to a cold house? Turn up your heat on the way. The Nest mobile app allows you to adjust your Nest Learning Thermostat from anywhere.